Russell was born and raised in Miami, FL. He attended college at Florida State University, graduating with a degree in Political Science. He then attended the University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated Cum Laude in 1994 and in the top 10% of his class. Russell was also a member of the prestigious University of Miami Law Review.
Russell is admitted to practice law in Florida, including the Federal Courts of Florida. He began his legal career at one of the top law firms in Florida, defending insurance companies, and learning the way they evaluate cases. He left that practice after 3 years and for the next 3 years learned the opposite side of the law, advocating for injured victims at a well-established plaintiff’s law firm. In 2000, Russell went out on his own.
Russell is an experienced trial lawyer and has tried nearly 50 jury trial cases over his almost 23 years in practice. Russell is a Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer. Certification is the highest level of evaluation by The Florida Bar of competency and experience within an area of law, and professionalism and ethics in practice.
Associations and Organizations:
- Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar
- Miami-Dade Justice Association
- Florida Justice Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Awards, Recognitions, and Certifications:
- 11th Judicial Circuit Florida Bar Grievance Committee (Member: 2002 to 2005, Chair: 2005)
- AVVO 10.0 Superb Rating
- Florida Bar Board-Certified in Civil Trial Law (2007, Recertified in 2012)
- Board-Certified Advocate for the National Board of Trial Advocacy (2013)