Russell was born and raised in Miami, FL. He attended college at Florida State University, graduating with a degree in Political Science. He then attended the University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated Cum Laude in 1994 and in the top 10% of his class. Russell was also a member of the prestigious University of Miami Law Review.
Russell is admitted to practice law in Florida, including the Federal Courts of Florida. He began his legal career at one of the top law firms in Florida, defending insurance companies, and learning the way they evaluate cases. He left that practice after 3 years and for the next 3 years learned the opposite side of the law, advocating for injured victims at a well-established plaintiff’s law firm. In 2000, Russell went out on his own.
Russell is an experienced trial lawyer and has tried nearly 50 jury trial cases over his almost 23 years in practice. Russell is a Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer. Certification is the highest level of evaluation by The Florida Bar of competency and experience within an area of law, and professionalism and ethics in practice.
Russell started practicing law in 1994 working for insurance companies and gaining trial experience at one of Florida’s largest and most prestigious insurance defense law firms. He took those skills and in 2000 partnered up with his law school classmate, George Goldberg, to form Goldberg & Dohan.
Russell has made it his goal to achieve justice for those victims injured as a result of the negligence of others. In 2007, Russell achieved the status of being Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, making him an expert in the field. Being Board Certified is a status that less than 1% of Florida Civil Trial Lawyers obtain.
Russell has secured several multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. He has obtained a 10.0 Superb rating by AVVO, an independent lawyer rating service. Russell is the father of two girls and enjoys exercising, traveling, and playing Poker in his spare time.
Associations and Organizations:
- Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar
- Miami-Dade Justice Association
- Florida Justice Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Awards and Recognitions:
- 11th Judicial Circuit Florida Bar Grievance Committee (Member: 2002 to 2005, Chair: 2005)
- AVVO 10.0 Superb Rating
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Claims, including specialization in Bad Faith
Admitted to Practice
- Florida Bar, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1995
- U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2005
- Board Certified, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2013
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, 2007, re-certified in 2012 and 2017
- 11th Judicial Circuit Florida Bar Grievance Committee, 2002 – 2005, Chair (2005)
- Advanced Trial Skills, “The Nuts and Bolts of Trial Preparation” / Florida Justice Association Annual Convention, 2009
- Civil Litigation, “Front Door Hat” / Florida Justice Association Annual Convention, 2013